FHA Loans: Purchase And Refinance Loan Requirements For 2022
Who Are FHA Loans Best For?
How Do FHA Loans Work?
What Are The Qualifications For An FHA Loan?
To qualify for an FHA loan, you’ll need:
- A minimum 3.5% down payment.
- A minimum FICO® Score of 580.
- A debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of no more than 50% and a steady employment history. Estimate your DTI by adding your monthly debt payments (such as credit card and car payments) and dividing the total by your monthly income before taxes.
- Money to cover the upfront mortgage insurance premium (UFMIP). The amount is usually equal to 1.75% of your loan amount.
- Money to cover closing costs, which could be anywhere from 2 – 6% of the purchase price.
Take the first step toward the right Home Equity Line.
Apply online with Home Equity Lines or enter some info to get a call from a Home Loan Expert. You’ll get a personalized recommendation on which loan option is best for you.
FHA Loan Benefits
- Credit score requirements are lower compared to other loans.
- You could still qualify for an FHA loan if you’ve had a bankruptcy or other financial issues in the past.
- FHA loans are available with fixed or adjustable rates and for 30- or 15-year terms.
- FHA loans have low down payment requirements. You can put down as little as 3.5%.
Refinancing with an FHA loan has some great benefits, too:
- Borrowers can roll closing costs into their loans.
- If you’ve already got an FHA loan, you can refinance with an FHA Streamline. Less documentation is required for this option, and you may not need an appraisal. The FHA Streamline is a good option if you’re not looking to take cash out.
FHA Property Requirements
- Your loan can’t exceed the loan amount limits in your area. The FHA’s limit for lower-cost areas is set at $420,680 in 2022. In high-cost areas, the limit for 2022 is $970,800. Look up the loan limits in your area.
- The home must meet the FHA’s minimum property standards for safety, security and structural integrity.
- When buying a home, you’ll need to move in within 60 days of closing.
- The property must be your primary residence. Investment properties and second homes don’t qualify for FHA loans.
Why Choose Home-Equity-Line.com
Home Equity Line provides consumers with award-winning service, which means, we align with Home Loan affiliates so you’ll get the same care and attention throughout the entire life of your HELOC.