30-Year Fixed Mortgage
30-year fixed mortgages offer a fixed interest rate and lower payments spread over 30 years.
Who Are 30-Year Fixed Loans Best For?
30-year fixed mortgages are best for people who want lower monthly payments and an interest rate that never changes over the entire life of the loan. Read more about other benefits below.
How Do 30-Year Fixed Loans Work?
With a 30-year fixed rate loan, you’ll pay off your mortgage in 30 years. Although you’ll pay more interest over the life of the loan compared to a 15-year fixed loan, your monthly payments will be lower.
Because your interest rate is locked for the life of your loan, your principal and interest payments won’t change over the life of your loan. The amount for your taxes and insurance can go up and down.
You may have to pay for mortgage insurance, depending on your down payment amount if you’re buying a home, or how much equity you have if you’re refinancing.
How Do I Qualify For A 30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage?
To qualify for a 30-year fixed rate loan, you’ll need:
- A minimum 3% down payment.
- A minimum FICO® Score of 620.
- A debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of no more than 50%. Estimate your DTI by adding your monthly debt payments (such as credit card and car payments) and dividing the total by your monthly income before taxes.
- Money to cover closing costs, which are about 2 – 6% of the purchase price.
Take the first step toward the right Home Equity Line.
Apply online with Home Equity Lines or enter some info to get a call from a Home Loan Expert. You’ll get a personalized recommendation on which loan option is best for you.
30-Year Fixed Loan Benefits
- Your monthly payments will be less for a 3–year fixed loan than a 15-year fixed loan, even though interest rates for a 15-year fixed loan are generally a little lower. That’s because your payments will be spread out over a longer period.
- You can pay off your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties.
- You may be able to avoid mortgage insurance with a down payment of 20% or higher.
- Your interest rate is fixed for the life of the loan, so you don’t have to worry about rates rising.
- You can buy your primary home with as little as 3% down.
- You can refinance your primary home for up to 97% of its value.
Mortgage Insurance Requirements
You’ll have to pay primary mortgage insurance (PMI) if your down payment is less than 20% on your 15-year fixed-rate mortgage.
- This typically costs 0.5% – 1% of your loan amount per year, spread over 12 payments.
- Once you reach 20% equity in your home, you may be able to request to cancel PMI.
- PMI is often cancelled automatically once you reach 22% equit
Why Choose Home-Equity-Line.com
Home Equity Line provides consumers with award-winning service, which means, we align with Home Loan affiliates so you’ll get the same care and attention throughout the entire life of your HELOC.
Ready To Apply?
Home-Equity-Line.com comprehensive approach empowers consumers with HELOC content. To speak with an expert, schedule a FREE consultation today.