15-Year Fixed Mortgages
These loans offer a lower fixed interest rate and the ability to save money in interest over the life of your loan.
Who 15-Year Fixed Loans Are Best For
People who want to save more in interest by paying off their loan sooner and want an interest rate that never changes over the entire life of the loan are the ones that benefit most from a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage.
How Do 15-Year Mortgages Work?
Simply put, you’ll pay off your mortgage in 15 years. Because you’ll pay off the loan faster than a 30-year mortgage, you’ll pay less in interest over the life of the loan.
Because your interest rate is locked for the life of your loan, your principal and interest payments won’t change over the life of the loan. Though, the amount you pay for your taxes and insurance can go up and down.
You may have to pay for mortgage insurance, depending on your down payment amount (if you’re buying a home) or how much equity you have (if you’re refinancing).
What Do You Need To Qualify For A 15-Year Mortgage?
- A minimum 3% down payment.
- A minimum FICO® Score of 620.
- A debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of no more than 50%. Estimate your DTI by adding your monthly debt payments (such as credit card and car payments) and dividing the total by your monthly income before taxes.
- Money to cover closing costs, which are about 2% – 6% of the purchase price.
Take the first step toward the right Home Equity Line.
Apply online with Home Equity Lines or enter some info to get a call from a Home Loan Expert. You’ll get a personalized recommendation on which loan option is best for you.
15-Year Fixed Mortgage Benefits
- You’ll pay off your mortgage faster than with other loans.
- You can pay off your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties.
- You may be able to avoid mortgage insurance with a down payment of 20% or higher.
- Your interest rate is fixed for the life of the loan, so you don’t have to worry about rising rates.
- You can buy a home with as little as 3% down.
- You can refinance your home for up to 97% of its value.
Mortgage Insurance Requirements
You’ll have to pay primary mortgage insurance (PMI) if your down payment is less than 20% on your 15-year fixed-rate mortgage.
- This typically costs 0.5% – 1% of your loan amount per year, spread over 12 payments.
- Once you reach 20% equity in your home, you may be able to request to cancel PMI.
- PMI is often cancelled automatically once you reach 22% equity.
Why Choose Home Equity Line
Home Equity Line provides consumers with award-winning service, which means, we align with Home Loan affiliates so you’ll get the same care and attention throughout the entire life of your HELOC.
Ready To Apply?
Home-Equity-Line.com comprehensive approach empowers consumers with HELOC content. To speak with an expert, schedule a FREE consultation today.